An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic and inspiring Headteacher to join a thriving 2-form Primary school in a leafy suburb of East London which is friendly, caring and at the heart of the community.
Salary: £65,691 - £74,814
Closing date for applications: 20 April 2020, 12.00pm
Interview Date: 28 April 2020
Diocese of Brentwood
OUR LADY OF LOURDES CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
Chestnut Dr, Wanstead, London E11 2TA
Required for September 2020
Group 3 School salary L18 – L24 £65,691 to £74,814
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a thriving school?
The Good Shepherd Catholic Trust and the Governors of Our Lady of Lourdes are looking for a dynamic, experienced, enthusiastic and suitably-qualified, practising Catholic leader to join our Trust and lead Our Lady of Lourdes in the day to day management of the school. We want someone who has the vision to build on our successes and ensure that every child can be the very best version of themselves that they can be.
Our Lady of Lourdes is a friendly and welcoming, highly respected, two-form entry Catholic primary school situated in the leafy suburb of Wanstead. We have a close relationship with our parents, staff and governors, and we are at the heart of the Parish and local community. Wanstead has great transport links to the M11, A12 and sits next to the A406. We are just 25 minutes from Central London by underground, yet close to Epping Forest for a quick escape to the country. A relocation package may be available for the right candidate.
We want our Headteacher to:
- have a clear vision and strong commitment to Catholic education;
- have a passion for education and making a difference to children’s lives;
- possess outstanding Leadership skills to inspire and motivate staff at all levels;
- be an excellent communicator with a strong commitment to working in partnership with the community;
- have an ability to support, challenge and inspire the children, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning;
- use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful;
- have a positive and optimistic approach; be proactive and confident;
- be passionately committed to safeguarding and the welfare and wellbeing of children and staff.
We can offer you:
- a supportive, welcoming and caring ethos based on the values of the Catholic faith;
- the opportunity to work with engaged and enthusiastic children and a team of talented and conscientious staff committed to working together to provide the best education and support for our pupils;
- enthusiastic and caring Local Governors and a supportive Trust;
- the benefits of extensive collaboration across our Trust schools and the wider Diocese of Brentwood, which can provide the successful applicant with opportunities for further professional development;
- support, in the form of individual mentoring, from an experienced Trust Headteacher, particularly for an aspiring Headteacher;
In the current climate, visits are not recommended but if you would like any further information about the school, or an Application Pack, please contact Martina Gray at the school office on 0208 989 9521 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com or posted to Martina Gray at the school address.
The Good Shepherd Catholic Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks. References will be sought and the successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Closing Date: 20th April 2020 at midday
Shortlisting: 21st April 2020
Formal Interviews: Tuesday 28th April 2020 by video link/conference call (to be confirmed)
Please note that we only accept completed CES application forms and do not accept CVs or applications from agencies. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Part of The Good Shepherd Catholic Trust